SDPO / Dynamic Positioning Operator, Marine Department
We are looking for an experienced and diligent SDPO to join our Marine Department team. The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring the rig's alarm systems, position, movements, and weather/wave conditions and assist with stability calculations.
- Continuously monitor and maintain the rig's stability, including the distribution of diesel, water, and ballast, and draught movements.
- Monitor maritime activities relating to the rig, keep informed about the position of supply vessels, auxiliary vessels, and helicopters, and keep a log of the same.
- Ensure the continuous operation of the control room, including day-to-day maintenance and cleaning.
- Monitor anchor chain tension, drilling position, external forces (wind, sea, and current), opening/closing of watertight doors/hatches.
- Monitor fire/gas detectors, power consumption, and machinery equipment.
- Handle work permits and assist in introducing personnel to the electronic maintenance system.
- Compare draught readings on the shafts with draught readings on the control room instruments every 6 hours.
- Check the ballast, water, and fuel distribution and comply with orders/schedules issued by the Offshore Installation Manager for opening manhole covers on tanks, watertight compartments, and stages.
- Operate the thrusters and ensure that the applicable provisions relating to the rig's stability are observed.
- Previous experience in a similar role within the marine or offshore industry.
- A solid understanding of marine operations, regulations, and safety procedures.
- Exceptional ability to work under pressure and in a "continuous watch duty" position.
- Proficient in using control room instruments and software.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
This is a full-time position with rotational working hours. If you have the relevant experience and skills and are ready to make an impact in our team, we would like to hear from you. Please apply with your CV and a covering letter.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applications will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.